We have a Fedco Organic Growers Supply (http://www.fedcoseeds.com/ogs/) depot set up for delivery to Simsbury, CT at George Hall Farm, 180 Old Farms Road, they are a BFA member farm. See details on ordering below. The depot order deadline is the 1st of every month. The group’s order is placed then and is delivered within the week. You will be notified via email about the delivery day. This is a great way to save on shipping costs for many hard-to-find farming and gardening supplies. Please be sure to pick up as quickly as possible. We are working on a system which would enable members to split bulk orders, so stay tuned for that. There are great deals to be had in sharing a 50 lb. bag of something with others, rather than having to order more product than you can use.
Details From Fedco:
“The depot system is our new way of making shipping cheaper for you. Each month, we collect orders from a given area and combine them on a single pallet. We ship this to a farm or garden center near you and you can pick up your package there. The shipping rate to Connecticut depots is a flat $0.10 per pound (with a $1.00 minimum). Shipping a 50 lb bag to your house would cost $28.00, but shipping the same bag to your local depot at George Hall Farm in Simsbury only costs $5.00!”
“Depot shipping is available for Organic Growers Supply only right now. Moose Tubers and Trees shipping is closed for the season. Items from Seeds ship right to your house for free anyway if your order is over $30.”
To use the system, submit your online or paper order by the 1st of each month (through October). Enter the depot code CTHD01 at checkout or on your order form. For more detailed instructions, see the bottom of this email. Your shipping confirmation will include pickup details, and your order will usually be ready to pick up within a week of the order deadline.
Step-by-Step On-Line Depot Order Instructions:
1. Explore all the wonderful items in the Organic Growers Supply division (http://www.fedcoseeds.com/ogs/) that will help your plants and animals grow and thrive this summer. Put lots of them in your shopping cart and watch the bulk discounts kick in!
2. Click “Organic Growers Cart” at the top center of the page.
3. Find the shipping options immediately to the left of your “Grand Total”. Select “Ship to Depot” and click “Checkout Securely”.
4. Enter your contact information. Under “Depot Information”, enter your depot code (CTHD01). Fill out your credit card information. Click “Continue”. Review and confirm your order.
5. You will receive an email confirmation (check in your Updates tab or Spam folder if you don’t see it in your inbox) that includes a street address, hours, and other instructions for your depot site. THIS IS NOT A SHIPPING CONFIRMATION. You will receive a shipping confirmation when the order leaves the warehouse – please check this for any changes that may have occurred since the order confirmation! Orders will usually be available for pickup within one week of the order deadline.